Lesson Time 60 minutes/week
Practice Time @ 45- 60+ minutes/day
Books and Materials
- Royal Conservatory Series: Levels 7 – 10 (with CD) – Technique, Etudes, Repertoire, Theory, Four Star
- Duet and ensemble repertoire
- Sonatas, concertos and other concert pieces,
- Practice assignment book provided,
- An iPad (or computer or CD player).
Goals by the end of high school
- Facility with scales, chords and arpeggios in all major and minor keys, vary articulation, dynamics and tempo
- Play 1/2 hour solo program,
- Participate in outside music activities (local recitals, competitions, festivals, summer music programs, etc.),
- Play a movement of a concerto.