Lesson Time 60 minutes/week
Practice Time @ 45- 60+ minutes/day
Books and Materials
- Royal Conservatory Series: Levels 7 – 10 (with CD) – Technique, Etudes, Repertoire,
- Duet and ensemble repertoire,
- Jazz and pop repertoire,
- Sonatas, concertos and other concert pieces,
- Practice assignment book provided,
- An iPad (or computer or CD player).
Goals by the end of high school
- Learn and record 64+ measures of new music per month (1-2 pieces) of varying genres (Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Impressionistic, Contemporary),
- Play 1/2 hour solo or ensemble program,
- Participate in outside music activities (solo and ensemble contest, summer music programs, etc.),
- Play a complete concerto.