Lesson Time 45 – 60 minutes/week
Practice Time @ 30 – 45 minutes/day
Books and Materials
- RCM Levels 3-5 (Technique, Aural Skills and Sight Reading, Etudes and Repertoire),
- Norton Microjazz Books 1-3,
- Chord Play and Pattern Play (Book 1),
- A practice assignment book provided for weekly assignments and should be brought to lessons.
- An iPad (or CD player or iTunes easily accessible) for listening and playing, and also to use apps which reinforce various skills.
- Learn and record 32 – 48 measures of new music per month,
- Increasingly effective use of body, arms and hands in passage work and chords for wider range of sound.
- Increasing effectiveness of practice habits.
- Understanding of different styles of music literature and harmonic structures.
- Performance in group lessons, local recital opportunities, annual program for parents, formal assessments (if desired). Duet performances.