Lesson Time 45 – 60 minutes/week
Practice Time @ 45-60 minutes/day
Books and Materials
- Royal Conservatory Series: Levels 6-8. Technique, Etudes, Repertoire, Sight Reading, Theory, Aural Skills.
- Chord Play and Pattern Play (Books 2-4),
- Sonatinas and other concert pieces,
- Jazz, pop and duets,
- Practice assignment book provided,
- An iPad (or computer with iTunes, YouTube, or CD player)
- Learn and record 16 – 32 measures of new music per month.
- Facility with major and minor scales, 4 note chords and arpeggios.
- Attention to phrasing, dynamics and articulation.
- Increasing effectiveness of practice habits.
- Listening and analysis skills.
- Increasing awareness of a variety of music literature.
- Performance in group lessons, local recital opportunities, annual program for parents, and formal assessments (if desired),
- Ensemble participation when possible.