Lesson Time 45 – 60 minutes/week
Practice Time @ 45-60 minutes/day
Books and Materials
- Royal Conservatory Series: Levels 6-8. Technique, Etudes, Repertoire, Sight Reading, Theory, Aural Skills.
- Ensemble repertoire (piano duets, piano and other instruments),
- Jazz Piano Level 1 (for those interested),
- Practice assignment book provided,
- An iPad (or computer with iTunes, YouTube, or CD player)
- Facility with major and minor scales, 4 note chords and arpeggios in all keys.
- Attention to gesture, phrasing, dynamics and articulation when learning new music.
- Understanding of basic differences in the main periods of music literature.
- Progress in listening and analytical skills through RCM Theory and Four Star materials.
- Performance in group lessons, local recital and competitive opportunities, and formal assessments (if desired),
- Ensemble participation when possible.