Lesson Time 30 – 45 minutes/week
Practice Time @ 20-30 minutes/day
Books and Materials (depends on student level and interests)
- Piano Safari Level 1 and 2.
- Christopher Norton Microjazz A and B.
- Royal Conservatory: Preparatory, Level 1, & Level 2 Technique, Theory, Sight Reading, Etudes and Repertoire.
- Other supplemental music or duets may be suggested.
- A practice assignment book is provided and should be used in daily practice and brought to every lesson.
- An iPad(or computer near piano with CD player or iTunes) available for listening and playing along is very helpful.
- Facility with all major and minor pentascales, triads and inversions, with a range of articulation, dynamics and tempi. Begin work on 7 note scales.
- Learn and record 8-16 measures of new music per month.
- Steady progress in sight reading and theory workbooks.
- Effective practice habits and lesson preparation.
- Listening assignments completed regularly.
- Performance in group lessons, school programs, local recital opportunities and formal assessments (if desired).