Lesson Time 30 – 45 minutes/week
Practice Time @ 20-30 minutes/day
Books and Materials (depends on student level and interests)
- Piano Safari Level 1 and 2.
- Christopher Norton Microjazz A and B w/backing CDs.
- Royal Conservatory Series: Preparatory, Level 1, & Level 2 Technique, Sight Reading and Aural Skills, Etudes & Repertoire.
- Other supplemental music or duets may be suggested.
- A practice assignment book is provided and should be used in daily practice and brought to every lesson.
- An iPad(or computer near piano with CD player or iTunes) available for listening and playing along is very helpful. There are several apps that help students develop basic skills such as note reading, counting, and keeping time that can be incorporated into assignments if the tools are available at home.
- Learn and record 16-32 measures of new music per month with accurate notes, counting tempo and basic articulation, dynamics and phrasing.
- Good use of arms and hands to produce a variety of sounds.
- Good rhythm, sight reading and independent learning.
- Effective practice habits.
- Performance in group lessons, school programs, local recital opportunities, annual program for parents and formal assessments (if desired).